Five Ways HR Search Firms Can Help Your Company Find The Best Employees
November 27, 2019
These days, folks are switching jobs left and right. This is especially true of millennials, who have been labeled the “Job Hopping Generation.” It’s easy to see why because six in 10 millennials are open to take a new job at any given time. On a bigger scale, 2.7 million employees in all kinds of fields left their jobs voluntary by the end of June 2015.
So why are so many people leaving jobs? There are many reasons and they’re backed up by numbers:
- Lack of recognition: Nearly 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- Lack of motivation: According to a Gallup poll, only two in 10 workers believe their manager is doing a good job of encouraging them to do their best work.
- Bad Fit: A recent survey by Robert Half showed that more than a third of 1,400 executives felt the top factor leading to a failed hire, aside from performance issues, is a poor skills match. The second most common reason (30%) was unclear performance objectives.
Whatever the reasons are, when employees leave their jobs, it leaves companies with vacancies to fill. These days, the median tenure at a company for workers aged 25 to 34 is 3.2 years and the average number for all workers is 4.6 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Ultimately, companies keeping employees comes down to finding people with the right skills and attitude and giving them a reason to stay. That’s the challenge whether you’re talking about HR services for startups or HR executive search firms for Fortune 500 companies. Hiring HR services for startups or for whatever field you’re in has a lot of benefits when it comes to finding the right employees:
- Screening: A company that posts an opening to a job site can get several hundred resumes sent in as a response. That’s great if they want to take time to go through them all, but the truth is that HR services for startups and executive search firms are looking for a list of the top candidates, maybe 4-5 tops. A good HR representative or service can help find that handful of people for companies to pick from.
- Getting good talent: Another benefit of HR services for startups and search firms is that they help companies find good talent; workers with the skills and attitude to fit what a particular company is looking for. Companies want people who can do the jobs they’re hired for and search firms can help find those folks.
- Job hunters: Good HR search consultants can “recruit” top talent and make companies aware of what sorts of people are available. Those firms will help companies find the best and brightest, which is what every startup is looking for.
- Perspective: Obviously when companies have openings they want to fill them, sometimes as quickly as they can. What a good HR service can offer during this process, however long it is, is perspective. HR services for startups for example can step back, take an objective look at a company and determine what kind of employees the company needs. Based on those observations, a search firm can find the right employees. If likely heard of companies always challenging workers to think outside the box. A search firm can do that too.
- Solutions: By screening prospective employees, an HR search firm can find those who are the most qualified. HR search firms will ask a company the important questions—what are the company’s goals, what are they looking for in a candidate, what kinds of skills are they looking for—and then get to work finding the best people. Those answers a company gives will help a firm screen for the people who best fit the mold.
It doesn’t matter what job field you’re in, companies are always looking for the candidates who best exemplify what the company stands for. Using the right HR search firm can help companies take all the unknowns out of hiring a new employee and ultimately lead them to hire the right people with the right skills, temperament and attitude.